3. INITIAL DEVICE SETUP
3.1 MINER IDENTIFICATION ON THE NETWORK
You will need to determine the IP address of the miner received from the router/modem.
- Run the utility WhatsMinerTool
- Press the button [ IP Monitor ] ①
- In the opened “Detect and Bind IP” window, click the button [ Start ] ②
- Press and hold the IP found button on the device panel until the green and red LEDs flash together several times.
At the same time, a line with our miner should appear in the Detect and Bind IP window.
- Pay attention to the Source IP column (for example, 192.168.88.96) - this address must be remembered.
- Close this window and confirm closing (press [Ok] in the pop-up question).
Now you need to add the network scan range of the utility WhatsMinerTool
- Press the button [ Miner IP ] ①
If there are already any entries in this window, you can delete them, modify them, or simply add new ones.
LET’S ADD A NEW ONE
- In the Start IP field ② enter the previously obtained IP address, changing the last digit to “1” (192.168.88.1).
- In the End IP field ③ enter the received IP address, changing the last digit to 255 (192.168.88.255)
- Press the button [ Add ] ④
- The entered range will be displayed in the list ⑤.
- Close the window or click [Ok] at the bottom of the window.
Now you can run a network scan.
- In the main utility window, click [ Start ] ①
In this case, the button will change its name to “Monitoring”, scanning will start and after a while the found devices will be displayed in the list.
3.2 DATA DISPLAY SETUP
- Press the button [ Settings ] ①
- Under List Column Display Mode, select Complete Mode ②
- Press [ Save ] ③
3.3 POOL AND WORKER SETUP
This setting can be done both using the WhatsMinerTool utility and through the miner’s web interface.
3.3.1 CONFIGURATION OF POOLS THROUGH THE UTILITY WHATSMINERTOOL
- In the main window of the utility, check the list of miners ① that need to change the pool and worker.
- Press the button [ Pools ] ②. An area with the corresponding form will open.
- Fill in the fields ③ Pool, Worker, Pwd (password) by the required data.
- If you have only one or two pools - just uncheck the unnecessary lines in the form.
- Press the button [ Start Update ] ④, pool settings will be applied.
- To hide the pools form - press the [Pools] button ① again.
3.3.2 CONFIGURATION OF POOLS THROUGH THE WEB INTERFACE OF THE MINER
- Open the IP address of the miner in the browser (for example, https://192.168.88.96) and enter the login / password set on the device (by default - admin / admin)
- Go to section ① Configuration > Miner Configuration, tab Pool
- To set the pool in the Pool 1 drop down menu ② select custom. An input field will appear instead of the drop down menu.
- Fill in the field that appears, as well as Pool 1 worker and Pool Password ③
- If necessary, set the Pool 2 and Pool 3
- Press [Save & Apply], to save settings.
After changing pools, you need to restart the miner.